- Add 6 quarts of salted water to a large pot and bring to a boil.
- While waiting for the water to boil, dice an onion and bell pepper.
- Stir macaroni noodles into the boiling water and bring back to a boil. Boil for 7-8 minutes, drain, and set aside.
- While the noodles boil, add hamburger to a medium-sized skillet. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium hear on the stovetop until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add diced onion, garlic, onion powder, and more salt and pepper. Cook for 4 more minutes.
- Add a can of tomato sauce and a can of diced tomatoes. Stir well.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked macaroni and serve!