- Cut the chuck roast into 1-2 inch cubes
- Slow cooker method: Place the cubed meat into the slow cooker. Top with desired amount of carrots, celery, and onion, 1 can of diced tomatoes, and your desired amount of garlic, rosemary, oregano, thyme, basil, salt, and pepper. Cook for 4-5 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low
- Instant Pot method: Place all ingredients (as listed above) into the instant pot and cook on high pressure for 45 minutes
- Serve over pasta, prepared according to boxed directions
For added flavor, try these variations:
- Add 1 cup of a good dry red wine, such as merlot or cabernet sauvignon
- Prior to adding to the pot, coat the cubed meat in a bit of flour and brown them in hot oil on all sides
BBQ Beef Sandwiches
- Add 1 Tbsp of oil to a skillet. Heat the oil on medium high heat and sear the meat until well browned on all sides, about 2-3 minutes on each side
- Once the meat is nicely browned on all sides, place the chuck roast into a slow cooker and season with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Shred the beef and mix in your favorite barbecue sauce.
- Cook on low for another hour.
- Serve on a toasted hoagie roll with cheese.