Beef Barbacoa Tacos
- Cut cheek meat into large cubes and season well with kosher salt and pepper. Heat 1 Tbsp. of oil in a large skillet.
- Sear the meat in the skillet until browned on all sides.
- Add the meat to a slow cooker.
- In a food processor, pulse together a can of chipotle chiles in adobo, 6 cloves of garlic, and 1/4 cup of beef broth until well pureed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 1 cup of beef broth, 1 1/2 Tbsp of cumin, 1 Tbsp dried oregano, and 1/4 tsp of ground cloves. Pour over the cheek meat in the slow cooker and nestle in 3 bay leaves.
- Cook on low for 5-8 hrs, until meat is very tender.
- Shred the meat, stir in the lime juice, and continue cooking for 20-30 minutes.
- Strain the beef from the liquid and serve over warm tortillas with desired toppings.